I am getting very sick of being sick- it’s been nearly a week now. I’m feeling a lot better overall, but it’s difficult to sleep because of my very sore throat and I am constantly coughing and letting out terrifying explosive sneezes. Blarg!
My arena base is finally somewhat presentable, and nearly finished. Here it is with the arena fence up:
The sandpaper is there because I wanted to see how it would look with some arena footing. I have decided, once it’s all painted, to add a fixed layer of dirt. And that is why this lovely Easter Sunday morning found me outside, digging in a cemetery. (There’s a wonderful old pioneer cemetery behind my apartment, and that’s where I found the nice dry dirt).
The dressage fence is done and I’m very pleased with it. And the two fences are nicely and easily interchangeable, which is great.
My other success today was making the perfect carrying case for my racehorse diorama, which I’m bringing to the show. I went to Goodwill and found an almost perfect container.
Happily, a little quality time with my dremel got rid of that annoying protuberance and some foam provided just the right amount of cushioning.
Rumble Strip and friends will travel in style and comfort, with no risk of smooshing.