And by busy I mean busy having no plans, no obligations, and no one else in the house all weekend. I basically worked on models all weekend, which was pretty fun. I have so many cool projects going right now!
I had some real blog posts in mind but I spent all the blogging time painting, so this is really just a progress update.
I finally got Sleipnir fully prepped and primered, and it didn’t take long for him to start getting some color. I wasn’t sure if my vision was working at first but now I’m pretty pleased, and there’s still a long way to go. The “Toby Pony” (who will probably end up with a name like Butters or Pillbox or Upfish) is more or less done, minus some details. I love how he looks-that big snip really makes him.
One of his pony brethren, the little bay, has been sitting in primer but finally on Saturday afternoon she told me she wanted to be a bay with a minimal blanket. I used acrylics to start her and added one layer of pastel so far. She’s a Safari Toob pony, partway between Stablemate and Micro Mini scale.
The roan/epoxy hybrid you might recognize from my previous post on planning. He’s still got a lot of sculpting to go but the basic shape is there and I think I finally got that resting leg and the dropped hip where I want it. The appy is nearly done except for details, and I’m super pleased with how he’s looking.
That was a wildly productic spree, but tomorrow I’ll (happily) settle into a more sustainable real-life routine. The progress will continue, just at a somewhat less alarming rate!