Yikes! Can you believe it’s already August? I mean, I can, I just wish it wasn’t. I could use another month to catch up on… everything.
One thing I’m very behind on is blogging. I have a lot of pictures and progress waiting to be shared. The other thing I’m behind on are my goals for the Rose City Live at the beginning of September. Here’s what I’m hoping to get done by then:
- repair Nightfox’s finish
- finish acrylic details on Hale resin- and name him!
- sculpt, cast, and paint a rider for Nightfox
- prep and paint Chryselephantine 2.0
- repair and repaint Alpo
And here’s where I am on those goals:
- Nightfox has some acrylic repair, but needs socking and pastel
- Hale needs work on his hooves, eyes, and chestnuts. Also a name.
- The rider is sculpted and awaits casting- more on this later!
- Chryselephantine is just getting her first layer of acrylic, along with last minute details like veining.
- Alpo has a new leg but still needs to be sanded and get his tail back on. Plus painting!
So I have a long way to go. Right now I’m waiting for Blick Art to open, so I’m taking the time to catch up the blog on my recent antics! For there are many.
As mentioned above, Chryelephantine is finally getting some paint!
I don’t always do an acrylic layer before pastels, but it can be helpful in speeding up the process. Plus, I’m trying to follow the basic steps I used on an earlier palomino that I really liked, and this is how I started. Also, this light color does a great job of showing last minute blemishes that need to be fixed before I move into pastels.
During this stage, I am also adding last minute details with modeling paste. To show the part of her mane that is shaved (as per Saddlebred show standards) I did a layer of modeling paste along her bridlepath to the forelock, with a bit of shaved-hair texture.
She also got added veining and some neck wrinkles. Next she’ll get a bunch of socking, and then it’s time to add pastels! I’m really excited to get her in clothes.
Lots more stuff coming… my first adventures in resin casting! Building a full-scale panel jump! General madness! Stay tuned :)