Most of my hobby time since January was spent preparing for BreyerWest- customizing and painting RoboClop, making tack and props, and obsessively planning my classlist. Back in the studio now, I’ve got a number of fun projects in the works.
I’ve got two trade-commissions going: Hazel needs a few more coats of oils and her markings, while Moxie is getting her pinto pattern and acrylic details. I bought two of Maggie Bennett‘s fantastic resin micros at BreyerWest, one of which is half painted and the other of which I have grand plans for. On the right are two new horses (a CM and a resin) that I had just started in oils when the BreyerWest madness really took hold.
One thing that didn’t get done in time for BreyerWest was RoboClop’s pinto coat. He showed as a pretty bay with high whites, but he was always destined to be a tobiano. He got a bath to take off the sticky wax and now he’s getting his markings mapped on in colored pencil before I start layers of acrylics.
I’m loving having the new micros to work on- I like to do micros primarily in acrylics, and it’s fun to work on them between coats on other horses. This fantastic little sculpt is called Bambi, and she’s currently half dappled grey.
Lots of good fun in the future for me! Just one little thing delaying my work… I’m about to fly to Italy for a three week vacation :D Wheeeeee!